I was nominated by Cynical Suzy for the Liebster award this week, which means I get to write my own post and nominate some more bloggers.
If you’re like me and had never heard of it before, the Liebster award is an award given to new and coming bloggers with small followings (less than 200). It helps new bloggers connect with one another, and find each other. I’m told that the translation of Liebster means dearest/loving/sweetheart in German. Thankyou again to Cynical Suzy, and please go check out her lovely blog!
1) Link back to the person that nominated you
2) List 11 facts about yourself (optional)
3) Answer the 11 questions given to you by the person who nominated you for the award
4) Nominate 11 blogs/bloggers who themselves have 200 or less followers
5) Think up 11 different questions for the people you are nominating to answer
6) Notify your nominees so they know and can answer and join in!
So… 11 facts about me!
1) My real name is Frances, but I have been called the nickname Frankie for many years now, however all my family members apart from my brothers still call me Frances. Though I have various other names such as Frank, Frannie, Fru, Flossie, and my most despised one, Frankenstein.
2) I have been passionate about IT for several years, and I am starting Uni next month to study Computer Information Systems. Me…a blonde, female, girl who studies computing…I know right? Smashing the stereotypes you could say.
3) I love jigsaws. I love Sudoku. I love chess. I love anything that would be “classed” as nerdy such as Pokemon, gaming etc and I am crazy enough to even own some Pokemon costumes!
*crazy cat lady strikes again*
4) I’m pretty good when it comes to baking, and whenever I make something it never lasts longer than a day. I love whipping up treats, so my next mission is to make chocolate covered shortbread
5) My favourite colour is purple, and I will automatically love anything that is this colour!
6) I am a a vegetarian, but despise anything healthy and have never liked salad. My favourite kind of foods are takeaway, specifically pizza!
7) I’m pretty decent at swimming. I was in swimming club, life saving club and waterpolo club, and used to be on 3 different waterpolo teams. These days I am now the laziest person you’ll ever meet.
8) I am tiny…5’2 to be exact! And last week I even got asked for ID when buying a lottery ticket, the cheek!
9) My hair is naturally a bright blonde, not dyed! I frequently get asked what dye I use and I’m just like…no.
*resembling a lion*
10) I practically live on a farm. We have 10 chickens, 2 cats (and another practically adopted one!), 2 terrapins, a pond full of fish and we also live by a river so have swans and ducks in our garden daily!
11) I keep a journal for when I need to ramble outside of the Internet.
Now the 11 questions from Cynical Suzy:
1) How & why did you get into blogging?
Last year I started a blog, but it was more something I felt I HAD to do rather than actually enjoying it. I deleted it a few months ago and created this one earlier this week, where I now love to post!
2) What do you do in the real world?
I’m a student, starting university in September studying Information Systems, and I also have a part time job.
3) If you could only use one make up product for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
It would have to be Dainty Doll Hot Pour Concealer! It’s perfect for covering up little flaws.
4) Who is your favourite YouTuber?
PewDiePie. I watch each and every video he brings out and they always make me smile. His girlfriend also has a channel (CutiePieMarzia) and she has the most adorable fashion sense, I love her! I also have a massive YouTube crush on Cry, his voice is just so perfect.
5) How do you choose what to blog about?
I blog about something that interests me or that I love, if I don’t enjoy writing about something, I just won’t write about it.
6) Where in the world would you most like to go shopping, and why?
I would love to shop and actually live in Italy, it just seems so perfect for me! The food, the views and the fashion!
7) What is your all-time favourite book?
“You’re a wizard Harry”. It’s a classic. Though there are various other books I enjoy such as My Blood Approves, The Hunger Games etc.
8) What’s the best advice you’ve ever been given?
“I’m not going to give advice because I know you’ll do the right thing” and it’s true! You should do what you believe is best.
9) What is the biggest fashion mistake you’ve made?
I used to wear a green body warmer or fleece every day when I was younger, when fashion didn’t exist in my world.
10) If you won the lottery what would your first purchase be?
I’d pay off my costs through university! I would also share money with my friends and family. Any money left over I would use to buy a ton of nail polish and new dresses.
11) What’s the worst film you’ve ever watched?
Epic Movie? It’s so bad it’s funny.
Okay so now for the blogs I am nominating! We have….
1) Marissa at http://www.marsjambelle.blogspot.co.uk/
2) Laura at http://lauras-nails.blogspot.co.uk/
3) Georgina at http://www.thousanddollardreams.blogspot.co.uk/
4) Elise at http://www.elisedopson.com/
5) Sam at http://lipstickandlectures.blogspot.co.uk/
6) Jaye at http://www.bedinthekitchen.co.uk/
7) Millie at http://hidbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/
8) Lucy at http://cheshirebeauty.blogspot.co.uk/
9) Fay at http://crafts-crazy.blogspot.co.uk/
10) Kammi at http://beautybookblog.com/
11) Ellesse at http://ellessedawson.blogspot.co.uk/
My Liebster Questions to my Nominees:
1) 3 Beauty products you could not live without?
2) Who inspires you?
3) What motivates you to blog?
4) How do you spend your free time?
5) What is your favourite season and why?
6) Name a product you heard was good, but didn’t like?
7) How do you handle a stressful day?
8) What is your favourite quote?
9) What makes you smile when you’re having a bad day?
10) Do you make and keep New Year’s resolutions?
11) What is the first thing on your wish list?
I hope this wasn’t too long, so thankyou for reading it through!